Today’s Parent 2013 Cover Contest
Presented by Joe Fresh® Brand
Official Contest Rules
Rogers Publishing Limited and Loblaws Inc.
REVISED MARCH 4, 2013
1. Contest Period, Submission Period and Voting Period.
The “Contest Period” starts at 12:01 am on March 1, 2013 and continues until 11:59 pm June 19, 2013. The “Contest Submission Period” starts at 12:01 am on March 1, 2013 and continues until 11:59 pm on March 31, 2013. “Public Voting” ” starts at 12:01 am on April 1, 2013 and continues until 11:50 pm on April 30, 2013. No purchase necessary. If you have more than one (1) child, one (1) entry per child. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person from any of the contest entry webpages mentioned below, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. All times are Eastern Standard Times. This Contest is sponsored by Rogers Publishing Limited, publisher of Today’s Parent (“Rogers”) and Loblaws Inc, Joe Fresh (“Loblaws.”), collectively referred to as the Contest Sponsors (“Contest Sponsors”).
- To enter, complete an entry ballot obtained online at www.todaysparent.com/covercontest or www.facebook.com/todaysparent or www.facebook.com/joefresh and submit it with a photo in jpg format of your child according to the entry form instructions and specifications.
All photos submitted must be no more than two (2) months old. No professional photography will be accepted. Children must be between the ages of (3) months and ten (10) years old. Consent of parent or legal guardian will be required if photos are submitted by another adult. Photos will not be returned. By uploading a photo to enter the Contest, each entrant agrees to assign all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the photo entered to the Contest Sponsors and waive any and all moral rights in the photo. Contest Sponsors may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any photo entered into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or any activities, without notice or compensation; and that the person submitting same has no further copyright or similar claim. Each entrant warrants to Contest Sponsors and its agents, parent, and affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize suppliers, the independent contest organization, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators that the submission does not contravene or infringe on anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property, is not false, inaccurate or misleading and does not violate any law or regulation; is not libelous, threatening or harassing; does not instigate others to commit illegal activities; and does not contain pornography; does not contain any viruses, worms, or other computer programming intended to or that could interfere with the ability of others to enjoy the Contest website.
2. Voting Period:
- Public voting will begin on April 1, 2013 and end on April 30, 2013. Only one (1) vote per person during the Voting Period. To vote, visit www.todaysparent.com/covercontest starting April 1, 2013.
- During the Voting Period, all entries that have been uploaded to the Website will be voted on by those persons who register as voters in this Contest.
- To be eligible to vote, register at the Website during the Voting Period. If it is discovered that attempts were made by a Voter (or any individual purporting to be a Voter) to: (i) vote more than once during the Voting Period; (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or any automated scripted, macro, robotic or other programs to submit votes; or (iii) engage in systematic voting from the same computer/IP address; then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors, of the votes and/or the entry to which such votes relate.
- All votes are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsors at any time during or following the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors, including without limitation, government-issued photo identification) from any Voter to participate in this Contest or for any votes entered, or purportedly entered, by such Voter to be considered valid for the purposes of this Contest.
3. Finalist Selection.
By May 15, 2013, the selection committee, a combination of Today's Parent and Joe Fresh representatives will select four (4) entrants from all eligible entries received as of the Contest Closing Date; the judging criteria shall consist of personality, charm and reader appeal which shall count for 70% and the results of the public vote will count for 30% (“Judging Criteria”) (each selected entrant and child of selected entrant as entered by photo, will be deemed a “Finalist”). Finalists will be contacted by telephone at the telephone number indicated on their entry form by May 20, 2013. Each of the four (4) Finalist’s children will participate in a Today's Parent magazine cover photo shoot. The entrant whose child’s picture will appear on the magazine cover (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected by the Art Director and Editor-in-chief from Today's Parent magazine (“Contest Judges”) from among the four (4) Finalists following the photo shoot, based upon the Judging Criteria. Contest Judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of Finalist Prizes and the Grand Prize.
If any Finalist cannot be reached within five (5) business days after first attempt at contact, incorrectly answers a skill-testing question, fails to return a signed declaration and release as set out below or declines the Finalist Prize, another Finalist will be selected on the eleventh business day in his or her place, from all remaining Finalists.
4. Finalist Prizing:
Participants are eligible to win one (1) of four (4) Finalist Prizes each consisting of participation in one (1) Today's Parent magazine cover photo shoot in Toronto, Ontario on June 18, 2013 (location TBD), return economy airfare from an airport closest to the Finalist’s residence to Toronto, one (1) night hotel accommodation (double occupancy) at a downtown Toronto hotel, and a $100 food voucher. If a Finalist’s residence is less than 200 km from Toronto, roundtrip economy air travel will be forfeited and ground transportation will be provided. Finalists must be able to attend the photo shoot on June 18, 2013. Three (3) out of four (4) finalists will each receive one (1) $250 gift card from Joe Fresh. The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) $500 gift card from Joe Fresh. If any Finalist is unable to attend on the scheduled photo shoot date that Finalist will forfeit the prize and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to select another Finalist to take his/her place, time permitting. Total approximate maximum retail value of each Finalist Prize is $3,000 (based on a Vancouver to Toronto round trip). Travel arrangements will be confirmed with each Finalist. Transportation arrangements will be at Rogers discretion with value depending on residence of Finalist; no compensation will be made if travel costs are less. Finalists are responsible for their own ground transportation, taxes, transfers, travel insurance, spending money, tips, and other travel/hotel charges not specifically mentioned as part of the Finalist Prize. One parent must travel with their own child. Finalists are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents in advance of the departure date. Once ticketed no travel changes are permitted.
5. Grand Prize.
Finalists are eligible to win one (1) Grand Prize consisting of the selected Finalist’s child’s photograph being used as a cover photo in the September 2013 issue of Today’s Parent magazine and one (1) $500 gift card from Joe Fresh. The value of this Grand Prize is intrinsic rather than monetary. The remaining three (3) Finalists will each receive one (1) $250 gift card from Joe Fresh.
6. Weekly Prizing.
Additionally, participants are eligible to win one (1) of ten (10) $25 Joe Fresh gift cards every week from March 1, 2013 until March 31, 2013. Non-selected entries will carry over to the next weekly prize draws.
- By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, its advertising and promotional agencies and the Contest Judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize. Before being declared a winner, selected Finalists must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time and will be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release, releasing the Releasees from any and all claims or causes of action arising out of entrant’s participation in the Contest and receipt or use of any prize, confirming compliance with the contest rules, accepting the prize as awarded and consenting to the use of his or her name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs and or other likenesses (and those of their child) for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of at least equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
- By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by Rogers, Loblaws Inc., without further notice or compensation.
- This Contest is open to residents of Canada excluding the province of Quebec who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, excluding employees of the Contest Sponsors, their respective parent and affiliated companies; their representatives, dealers and agents, the Contest suppliers and those with whom they are domiciled. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants.
- Odds of being named a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received; odds of being named the Grand Prize Winner are 1:4. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Contest Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsors. Contest Sponsors take no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries and photographs become the property of the Contest Sponsors and will not be returned.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Rogers. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
- (a) Rogers assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Rogers reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Rogers reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
8. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).